Monday, April 5, 2010

It takes courage for us to become humble

Why it's hard to see our own mistakes?
Why most often it's easy to judge the mistakes of
others and difficult to recognized our own mistakes?
Is it human nature?
Deep down in our conscience we see our mistakes
crystal clear. It is the consequences of admitting
our mistakes that we are afraid of and therefore try
to hide them from public view as far as possible.
But the guilt will eat into our system for a long
time to come. It is better therefore to admit our
fault and face the consequences.
We need somebody to bounce off our actions. And to
remind us if we are crossing the line.
It may be hard for someone to see his own mistake
because his focus is on the mistakes of others. If
you notice, many people find it easier to criticize
others because of their mistakes but seldom can you
hear someone who criticize himself because of his
mistakes.
I hope and also would like to learn to critic myself
rather than others. I hope and pray that I will
always see my mistake so that I will not develop an
attitude thinking that I am holier than others. Good
day.
And I think this is a very wonderful idea. If
everyone pray for himself or for herself the kind of
world we live is going to be a peaceful one. Other
thing as well on why we find it hard to notice or
see our own mistakes it's because we always think
that we are better and good than others, it's the
superiority complex. It takes so much courage for
one to be humble.

No comments: