Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Word

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.John 1:1 (KJV)
Who was the Word in John 1:1 according to the verse itself?
The answer is very clear. It was God. And who is this God?
Psalms 82:8 Arise, O God, judge the earth:
The Bible is explicit in saying. It is the One that will judge the earth.
But who is this Word that will judge the earth, which according to John 1:1, was a God.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me,John 12:48-49 (KJV)
Jesus said there is one that will judge in the last day. Who is it? He said, it is the one He has spoken. Who is this One He has spoken? Was it Himself? Jesus said "I have not spoken of myself." Then, if Jesus was not the Word that will judge everyman in the last day, then who? Jesus answers "I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me."
What is these words He spake concerning the Father, that if anyone rejects, he will be judged and will not have eternal life?
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father,... John 17:1 (KJV)
What about the Father?
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3 (KJV)

Compilation -JigsNep
The Father, who sent Jesus Christ, is the only true God.
Therefore in John 1:1, it was the Father who is said to be the Word and not Jesus Christ.
Anyone who include additional persons in the godhead, beside the Father, will not have eternal life.

No comments: